We have had an enjoyable, but very busy summer working on the Cru Staff Conference Team in Fort Collins, CO. Here are some examples of what has happened this summer:
- Our team trained 55 people on how to minister cross-culturally overseas. This is vital ministry training, especially for someone who has not traveled, lived, or served overseas.
- Our team offered 11 seminary classes to almost 500 staff to better prepare them for ministry. “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Our team trained and commissioned 135 new missionaries who will be serving around the US and internationally. “How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” Romans 10:14,15
We are now expecting 3,500 more people to begin arriving July 16, for a total of over 4,500, for Cru’s US Staff Conference. We will have over 1,200 kids in Cru provided childcare!
Our theme this year is “Because.” God wants us to “be” in His presence and be in love with Him (John 15:1-17). We also want to celebrate as a Cru family for the “cause” that God has called us to fulfill, which is, “Cru is a community passionate about connecting people to Jesus Christ. Our purpose is helping to fulfill the Great Commission in the power of the Holy Spirit by winning people to faith in Jesus Christ, building them in their faith and sending them to win and build others and helping the body of Christ to do evangelism and discipleship through a variety of creative ways.”
- Our Staff Conference Team has worked very hard this summer. Pray that we can continue to serve our attendees well.
- Pray for our staff who will be serving overseas for the first time. Pray that they can adjust to the new culture, living conditions, and ministering to different ethnicities.
- Pray for our new commissioned missionaries who will now work on raising up their ministry partner team to provide for their personal and ministry financial needs.
- Pray that our staff will arrive with an open heart and mind to hear what God wants to share with them and that they will leave refreshed and equipped to enter back into a lost world that desperately needs Jesus Christ.
Yours in Christ,
Steve & Robin